SmartTrack Andon system is a automatic system to accurately track, monitor, and analyze OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
1. Value of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) with manufacture
OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) is the gold standard for measuring manufacturing productivity. Simply put – it identifies the percentage of manufacturing time that is truly productive.
An OEE figure combines measurements of machine availability, productivity and the quality of parts
produced to quantify how effectively that resource is being used. An OEE score of 100% means you are manufacturing only Good Parts, as fast as possible, with no Stop Time. In the language of OEE that means 100% Quality (only Good Parts), 100% Performance (as fast as possible), and 100% Availability (no Stop Time).
OEE is the gold standard for measuring manufacturing productivity and is an essential part of any manufacturing improvement program. By calculating the Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) of your existing assets, you can optimise their usage and reduce waste. This ultimately means reducing costs by avoiding unnecessary purchases and minimising downtime.
2. What is SmartTrack Andon system ?
SmartTrack Andon system is a automatic system to accurately track, monitor, and analyze OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) by leveraging IIOT-enabled devices. SmartTrack Andon system goes beyond automating measurement of OEE and provides you with tools to understand and address the underlying manufacturing losses such as down time, speed loss, and rejects.
3. Value of SmartTrack Andon system ?
Recording OEE data manually is a labour intensive and time-consuming activity. SmartTrack Andon system are based on access to logged records obtained from the hardware and IIOT to provide live
and accurate OEE data. This means that small events that are often missed or recorded inaccurately are taken into account, allowing you to base decisions on factual and complete information.
4. SMART TRACK ANDON System and the availability, productivity, quality of machine
a. Machine Data Collection – Availability
The SmartTrack Andon system can capture productive and non-productive events occurring on production lines or machines. Each status change can be captured automatically (e.g. cycle start or
alarm condition) via digital signals received from the sensors and harwares, providing continuous recording of production times.
Operators can manually enter additional operating conditions and status changes, capturing the reasons for the machine being in a non-productive state using the simple ANDON buttons.
The SmartTrack Andon system’s software provides detailed analysis of the productivity of each machine, together with non-productive reasons. The results are displayed in interactive reports and charts via productivity board, LCD screen, SMS or email.
b. Production Data Collection – Productivity & Quality
With SmartTrack Andon system, the quantity of parts produced can be entered either manually or automatically (via part counter, sensors if fitted to the machines) and can be progressive during the batch or upon completion. The operator is then able to confirm the job(s) is completed, which can revert the user interface to a default configuration, e.g. waiting new job. SmartTrack Andon system’s software can also record information such as Good and Scrap part counts and scrap code reasons.
5. Benefits of SmartTrack Andon system
- Improved Accuracy: Achieve more accurate measurements of OEE and the underlying factors of Availability, Performance, and Quality by automating data capture
- Real-Time Data: Provide your team with real-time loss information so they can address these losses during the shift – in time to change the outcome of that shift.
- multiple Managing : Enables users to measure the effectiveness of multiple machines, without the problems associated with manual data collection and processing
- KPIs and ROI: Concentrate on areas that will provide the greatest ROI. Real-time key performance metrics (KPIs)